At the School Workforce Health & Wellbeing Programme we believe in preventive action and health promotion may be more effective than trying to find a cure.
We want to help schools to discover what circumstances have the potential to impact staff, increase awareness around a range of health topics through health promotion, resources and training as well as provide advice and guidance on the support that is available locally across Cornwall.
We are here to support the entire school workforce from caretakers and cleaners to lunchtime supervisors, teachers, NQTs, governors and heads. Official workload figures published last month showed that heads were working an average of 63 hours per week; a ship is only as strong as its captain so were are here to support everyone.
Your school is a community and our project can be tailored to suit that community - we are here to help you apply effective promotion and support within Staff Health and Wellbeing.
- Head Teacher Wellbeing Mentor Scheme CLICK THIS LINK TO FIND OUT MORE (This information is available via School Messenger via a secure login)
The Wellbeing of the Head Teacher in any school or academy has a significant impact on the performance and wellbeing of the rest of the school.
To enhance the support systems that the Council and Head Teacher Groups (CAPH, CASH, NAHT, ASCL, etc) have in place we have developed a training program for volunteer Head Teachers to become Wellbeing Mentors for their peers.
The purpose of the Wellbeing Mentors will be to offer confidential personal support to any Head Teacher who needs it.
If you have any queries about this scheme – please contact the Council’s Health, Safety and Wellbeing Services Team on Tel: 01872 323138.
Alternatively you can contact your CAPH, CASH, NAHT or ASCL representative.
Self Help Resources
HAVE YOUR SAY
Please click HERE to have your say on what should be on your headteacher/manager page and the rest of the health and wellbeing pages. The website has been created for YOU and we want to do our very best to ensure everything you need and want for you and your employees in here for you.
Leadership by Example
Managers Managing Stress
Strategies for Health and Wellbeing
- YOUR Health & Wellbeing
- Strategic Approach to Health and Wellbeing
- 10 Steps to Healthy Staff
- Business Health and Wellbeing Chart
- Building trust in the Workplace
- Managing Change
- Managing in Turbulent Times
- Promoting Occupational Health
- Minimising Conflict
- Tackling Difficult Conversations
- Managing cancer in the workplace
- Top 10 tips for managers
- The essential work and cancer toolkit Order Form
- Preventing Work related mental Health Conditions by Tackling Stress
- What is a Stress Auditing Risk Assessment?
- Risk Assessment checklist
- Example Risk Assessment
- Example Stress Policy
Tools and Templates
- The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- The Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations 1999
- The Education (School Premises) Regulations 1999
- The Working Time Regulations 1999
- The Disability Discrimination Act 1995
- Employment Relations Act 1999
- Changing Patterns in a Changing World, (DfES, 2000)
- Fitness to Teach- Occupational Health Guidance for the training and employment of teacher (DfES, 2000)
- HSE Management Standards
Please download our Training Booklet.
Tel: 01872 323 145 OR Tel: 01872 323 138