Breaking News - Award winning support from the School Workforce Health & Wellbeing Programme and Health Safety & Wellbeing
We are proud to announce that the work we have done around staff wellbeing within schools and Cornwall Council has received national recognition through the CIPD Awards and we won the Best Health & Wellbeing Initiative Award 2018.
Particular recognition was given for:
- our efforts to embed health safety and wellbeing in organisations
- senior manager buy in to allow release time for employees to train as champions
- our newsletters and communication methods
- the range of courses we provide through the Health Safety and Wellbeing team
- the hard work we undertake to pool resources with partners to identify savings and locate external sources of support and funding
Particular reference was made to the employee engagement with the Health Safety and Wellbeing Champion Programme which trains employees to act as advocates in the workplace - our champions were identified as the 'heart and soul of the project'